A different look on election results. Patchwork Map of the U.S. explains how and why Obama won based on categorized locations. I find this map very useful to understand how diversified different states are in the U.S. As a politician you can even develop your own strategies based on this map. It’s clear that one obvious reason to win was Obama has all industrial metropolises. Read more about it on WNYC.
About green overlay
I am trying to follow the recent news and developments in Iran as many other people. Not only the street acts and mobile videos on youtube but also the social and viral aspect of the situation which is very visible on popular social networks. The green overlay on avatars seems the biggest symbol to support the ‘rebels’ in any online platform. However, I believe a good number of people is doing this without knowing enough about Iran or even the struggle of people over there. I wanted to share the questions that raised in my mind the last week in related to this topic. First of all the people who joins the green overlay movement:
- how much do they know about Iran in general?
- how much do they know about mousavi and other candidates who was running for the elections? do they know their policies?
- are they aware about other different regions in the world where people are constantly dying or being killed by governments? do they support the protesters in these regions?
- are they aware of the problems in their home country enough?
- is there a secret desire among digital supporters to interact with the violence remotely? somehow participating the ‘game’ from a safe distance?
second is the social aspect, digital protest and viral marketing questions:
- how can we create a democratic digital platform to change things in real life?
- is it really efficient to support a protest by only changing an avatar?
- is strength of the support measurable? how we can measure it?
- how these political trends start and be viral? how much fashion and marketing is involved into this trends?
only the questions not the answers yet…
for english speaking people, please see the relevant post of hazal.
hazal yazmis, iyi etmis. bir gun bunlarin yasanmadigi bir ulkeyi ozlemek dilegiyle.
Bu postta bahsettiğim kitap, işte bu kitap. Alınmalı, desteklenmeli, okunmalı.
“ORTAK YAPIM” BİR CİNAYETİN GERÇEK ANATOMİSİ…
Soruşturma dosyalarının bugüne kadar ortaya çıkardığı en önemli gerçek, Hrant Dink cinayetinin devlet göevlilerinin bilgisi dahilinde işlenmiş olması… Öyle ki, polis ve jandarmanın Hrant Dink cinayetini işleyenleri ayrı ayrı takip altında tuttuğu, onlarla ilişki içinde olduğu artık saklanamaz bir gerçek haline geldi. Gazeteci Kemal Göktaş’ın titiz bir çalışmayla kaleme aldığı bu çalışma, Hrant Dink cinayetini “medya, yargı ve devlet” üçgeninde ele alarak dava süecinde üstü kapalı bırakılan soruların yanıtını bulma çabalarına katkıda bulunmaya çalışıyor. …
Another poll conducted this month by ConservativeHQ.com found that 70% of self-identified conservatives consider Obama’s political philosophy “Socialist” or “Marxist,” with 11% calling it “Communist.”